Keeping it above board
Bill Smoother (aka Volt) Terms and Conditions
9 April 2018
1. These terms cover Volt by Flick (‘Volt’) with Flick Energy Limited (‘Flick’). The terms apply to customers who opt in to Volt.
2. These terms will apply in addition to the Flick Customer Terms and Conditions. If there are any inconsistencies between the two terms, these Volt Terms and Conditions will prevail.
3. Volt allows you to set a regular payment amount that will be the minimum amount you will pay Flick each week (‘Regular Payment’). When your bill is below your Regular Payment amount, the difference between your bill and your Regular Payment amount will be applied as a credit on your Volt account with Flick (‘Your Volt’). With Volt you will also nominate a Volt trigger amount (‘Volt Trigger’) that will trigger any credit balance on Your Volt to be applied to your bill if and to the extent it is higher than the Volt Trigger amount.
How Volt is built up and how it is used
4. If your bill is below the Regular Payment amount, you will be charged your Regular Payment amount for that week, and the difference between the Regular Payment amount and your bill will be added to the balance of Your Volt.
5. If your bill is between your Regular Payment amount and Volt Trigger amount, you will be debited for the bill as normal under our Customer Terms and Conditions.
6. If your bill is over the Volt Trigger, so long as there is a credit on Your Volt, that will be used to pay the difference between the Volt Trigger amount set and your bill. If there is insufficient credit on Your Volt to cover this amount, we will use an amount equal to the available credit balance on Your Volt, and we will debit the remaining amount of your bill in the same way as normal under our Customer Terms and Conditions.
7. Your Volt balance will be shown on your Flick customer dashboard and mobile app (or is available by calling our customer experience team).
8. The maximum amount you may have as a credit balance on Your Volt at any given time is $500. If the credit balance reaches this point we will cease to take any further money above your billed amount until the credit balance on Your Volt decreases to under $500. The only exception to this is if you have credits applied to your account in accordance with clause 12, which takes the credit balance on your Volt to over $500.
9. The other clauses of our Customer Terms and Conditions also apply, to the extent relevant. This includes clause 5.6 of the Customer Terms and Conditions, relating to the process for estimating your usage in the event that final data is not available in time to create your bill. In this case, we will follow the same process as set out in that clause. Any revised credit amounts will be credited on Your Volt.
10. If you do not pay your Flick bill we will follow the debt process outlined in our Terms and Conditions. If you are in the Flick debt process, we may use the balance on Your Volt for any outstanding bills.
11. No interest will be earned on any credit balance on Your Volt.
12. If you receive other credits while signed up to Volt, for example, network rebates, competition credits or otherwise, we will credit these on Your Volt. You can adjust your Volt settings at any time including if you wish to use these other credits to pay for your next bill or bills after receiving them. When Your Volt is used to contribute to a bill after receiving network credits, these credits will be the first to be used (as opposed to other sums previously credited to Your Volt).
13. We may make recommendations as to what suitable levels of contributions to Your Volt are. Because every household’s electricity use and circumstances are different these recommendations are not guaranteed to ensure that you will always have enough in Your Volt to cover any higher bills. You are liable for all energy charges billed to your Flick account, in this case.
14. You are responsible for monitoring Volt contributions to ensure they are sufficient and we have no liability whatsoever in relation to your use of Volt or any recommendation we may make regarding your contributions on Your Volt.
Amendments to your Volt
15. You can change your Regular Payment amount and Volt Trigger on your mobile app or by calling our customer service team at any time. However, changes must be made on or before Sunday otherwise they may not take effect until the following billing week.
16. You can also pause Volt at any time, in which case we will stop taking contributions to Your Volt, but any credit balance on Your Volt will continue to be applied to any bills received that are over your Volt Trigger amount or in circumstances where clause 10 applies, until you resume contributing to Your Volt, or you decide to stop using Volt in accordance with clauses 23 – 25.
Availability of Plan
17. We reserve the right to remove your right to use Volt or ask you to switch away from Flick if we suspect any breach of law or our terms and conditions.
Credit balances on Your Volt
18. A refund of any credit balance on Your Volt will be at Flick’s discretion and is not guaranteed. In considering any request you may make for a refund of any or all of the credit balance on Your Volt, Flick will consider a range of factors including the balance of your Flick account and other information relevant to you and your account with us.
19. If there is money owing on your Flick account, we will always first ensure there will continue to be an adequate credit balance on Your Volt to cover this when considering whether to approve a refund of a credit balance.
20. If you are switching away from Flick, any request for a refund of a credit balance on Your Volt will be processed in accordance with clause 25.
21. If you elect to stop using Volt but are not switching away from Flick, the credit balance on Your Volt will be applied as set out in clause 24.
22. Flick will endeavour to process any refund within 5 working days of approval of the refund.
Termination by Customer
23. There is no minimum term that customers must stay with Volt; customers may leave Flick at any time or change from Volt to the standard Flick pricing plan. In this situation, we will change your plan as soon as possible, but if you change on a Monday or Tuesday you may not be changed over until the next billing period.
24. If you elect to stop using Volt, your balance will be transferred to a credit on your Flick account, that will be applied against subsequent weekly bills with Flick.
25. If you switch away from Flick, we will calculate your final bill and any approved refund of any remaining credit on Your Volt will be taken into account as part of this final wash-up once all outstanding amounts are applied.
Price Change or Termination of Plan by Flick
26. In the event that we cease to offer Volt, or change anything about Volt, we will provide you 30 days’ notice.
27. You can elect to continue with Volt after being notified of changes, or you are free to leave Volt at any time.
28. In the event Volt is no longer able to be offered, you will automatically be switched to the standard Flick offering. If you no longer wish to be a Flick customer, you are free to leave at any time as set out in our Flick Customer Terms and Conditions.