What you’d be doing
We’re looking for people to join the teams who are mainly focussed on our back end systems. Obviously it’s hard to say in detail what you’d be doing but over the last little while those teams have worked on:
- Tools to enable us to better support our most vulnerable customers
- The ability for people to pay in the ways which suit them best
- Foundational work for letting us pass more savings through to our customers
Back-end centric feature work, in short - either adding to existing services or building new ones. Code health is important to us and all our teams strive to leave the campground tidier than they found it. You’d be working on things similar to this - full stack, customer-facing code, helping figure out what features your team will build and how you’ll measure success, and lots of collaboration with the business.
Who you are
Some other things that suggest we’ll get along:
- You understand that collaboration is an important part of building a quality product
- You like the idea of using experiments (e.g. A/B tests) to understand what the product needs to do
- You get the value of tests and like to clean up code as you go
- You’re enthusiastic about good coding practices - maybe you’re a fan of design patterns, or have a favourite SOLID principle
- You’re Wellington-based or willing to relocate
Why’s this better than the 49 other offers you have?
- We’ve got a modern, consistently architected, well tested, service oriented platform, carrying little debt, and capable of being changed rapidly and flexibly without making a mess of it
- We’re goldilocks-sized - big enough that you get good support from senior developers, people leaders, knowledgeable business stakeholders, and so on - but small enough that you can see the impact of your work
- You get to have input very early on in the process of deciding what to build.
If this sounds like you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.