5 August 2019
These terms and conditions apply to those customers who joined FIXIE from 5 August 2019. Promotion ended 19 September 2019.
- These are our terms and conditions governing our 12 Months Savings Guarantee Promotion (“Savings Guarantee”) from 05 August 2019 (“Start Date”) and will apply in addition to Flick’s Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Savings Guarantee: We guarantee that new residential customers who sign-up to Fixie from the Start Date (“Customers”), and stay on Fixie for a continuous 12 month period (52 weeks), ending on the anniversary of the Start Date in the following year (“Guaranteed Period”) will save a minimum of $1.00 on their annual power bill. If not, then Flick will credit the Customer’s account with $100 in the month following the Guaranteed period.
- How we calculate the Savings Guarantee: We’ll begin calculating the Savings Guarantee from the date you sign-up and for the duration of the Guaranteed Period. Our calculation will be based on a comparison of the Customer’s previous retailer’s standard comparable published plan for their network and metering set up at the time they switched to Flick (“Calculation”). Flick will compare against the following retailers: Contact, Energy Online, Genesis, Mega, Mercury, Meridian, Nova, Payless, Pulse, Tiny Mighty, and Trustpower. If a Customer’s previous retailer is not on this list, then Flick will compare with the Customer’s biggest retailer in their area.
- We will also take into account whether the Customer is:
- a standard or low user;
- has uncontrolled power, controlled hot water, or another type of controlling
- mechanism over their power;
- metering changes during the Guarantee Period, which in some circumstances may require us to use our reasonable endeavors to estimate the rates you would have paid to your previous retailer;
- eligible for their former retailer’s prompt payment discount; or
- any Electricity Authority levies that may be passed through to the Customer.
- We will also take into consideration any updated retailer pricing plans that occur each month. If a plan increases or decreases, then our Calculations will factor in those changes.
- However, our Calculation will not take into account the following:
- any potential alternative, bundle or other packaged plans or offers that were offered to the Customers by a previous retailers; or
- discounts which the Customer may have, or was eligible to apply, with their previous energy retailer;
- Eligibility: Unless Flick indicates otherwise, existing Freestyle or Fixie customers are not eligible for the Savings Guarantee.
- Customers must stay on Fixie for the Guaranteed Period. Customers must not: switch between Flick’s other products or services, or switch to another retailer, before the end of the Guaranteed Period. If a Customer moves house or otherwise changes their ICP, then they will no longer be eligible to receive the Savings Guarantee.
- Customer’s must not be in Flick’s debt cycle at the time of Claim.
- If an error occurs with the Customer’s meter and billing information cannot be received by Flick, Flick will use reasonable endeavours to apply the Calculation to the extent possible in the circumstances. If Flick is unable to do so, then the Customer will not be eligible for the Savings Guarantee.
- Savings Guarantee Claim: Flick will notify Customers after the last bill has been paid during the Guaranteed Period if they are eligible to receive the claim (“Claim”) If Customers wish to make a Claim for the Savings Guarantee, then they can do so one month after the Guaranteed Period by sending us an email to us at: email@example.com.
- Flick reserves the right not to credit the Claim if it has reasonable grounds to question the authenticity of the Customers claim or if Flick has reasonable grounds to believe that the Customer is not eligible to receive the Claim. In all instances, this Savings Guarantee and /or Claim is capped to a total maximum value of $100 and is limited to only one claim per household. Customers who hold multiple accounts are eligible to receive a Claim for each account.