EARNIE Plan Specific T&Cs from 21 June 2020
As of 14 October 2020, your Earnie terms & conditions are changing. The new terms & conditions can be found here.
Summary of changes: the fuel component of the power & fuel reward is changing to a power credit.
These EARNIE Plan Specific T&Cs apply to you if you are on our EARNIE plan and you joined us or switched to this plan from another Flick plan after 21 June 2020. These T&Cs apply in addition to our General T&Cs and any other Flick T&Cs that apply to you.
When you switch to Flick’s EARNIE plan you’ll start earning one of these rewards bundles:
You can choose from:
Power & fuel reward
- 2 hours of power reward every day
- 2L Z fuel every time you spend $100 on power
- $50 Flick power top up each year you’re with us
Bigger power reward
- 3 hours of power reward every day
Your rewards are fixed your first 12-months. Before your 12-month anniversary we’ll let you know what rewards (if any) you’re eligible for in the next 12-month period.
Your electricity price
Your Flick bill is made up of kWh charges and daily charges. These charges include: Generation charge, EARNIE plan charge, Flick charge, Network charge, Metering charge and Government levies.
Charges fixed for each 12-month period:
- Generation charges: this is the rate you pay per kWh for generation - the rate for your first 12-month period is set out on our website when you first sign-up
- EARNIE plan charge: this is the charge you pay to be on our EARNIE plan - the rate for your first 12-month period is set out on our website when you first sign-up
- Your first 12-month period starts the day your account starts if you are switching from another retailer to the EARNIE plan or the day your account is switched to the EARNIE plan if you are switching from another Flick plan (as applicable)
- At the end of each 12-month period we can change the Generation charges and EARNIE plan charge, if either of these are going up we’ll let you know
Charges that may change during each 12-month period:
- Flick charge: this is a retailing charge, we can change this charge on 30 days’ notice to you
- Network charges: these are based on the charges we pay your network company to get power delivered, if the charges we pay your network company change, we can change the price we charge you
- Metering charges: these are based on the charges we pay metering providers to measure the power delivered to our customers, if the charges we pay metering providers change, we can change the price we charge you
- Government levies: these are levies we collect and pay to the regulator, if these levies are changed by the regulator, we can change the levies we charge you
- We’ll typically give you at least 30 days’ notice (by email or through our customer dashboard or app) before we make a change to your EARNIE plan
- If we give you notice that we plan to stop offering the EARNIE plan and we don’t hear back from you within 30 days, we can move you to another plan
- If we think we need to, we can switch fuel rewards for power rewards and power rewards for fuel rewards and you agree that’s ok
- There’s no fixed term contract, you can switch away or change plans anytime (the notice periods in our General T&Cs apply)
- If you want to switch to another Flick plan, we will switch you at your next billing cycle provided we have enough notice. Note that the rates available to existing customers that switch plans may be different to the rates available to new customers joining Flick
- If these EARNIE Plan Specific T&Cs conflict with our General T&Cs, or any other Flick T&Cs that apply to you, these EARNIE Plan Specific T&Cs apply
- Stuff might break or not work perfectly (for example, something in the app might not function smoothly) and you agree to forgive us, in particular, you agree that our total liability to you for anything related to the EARNIE plan is limited to $50 (except where we are liable to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986)
Flick power credit is subject to our Power Credit T&Cs
Use of Z Gift Cards is subject to Z’s Gift Card T&Cs
How do the rewards work:
Power & fuel reward
- 2 hours of power reward - this is how we do it
Every day we’ll total up the kWh based charges for your electricity usage (this excludes your daily charges) and divide the total by 24 (number of hours in a day) to get the value of one average power hour and we times this by two. For each day we’ll credit your account (or Volt) with an amount equivalent to two average hours of power (kWh charges only). We’ll apply the credit each billing cycle and it will be deducted from your invoice total.
- 2L Z fuel reward for every $100 spend - this is how we do it
Each time you spend $100 (including GST) you’ll be eligible for 2L fuel. For now, we are fulfilling this by sending $20 Z Gift Cards - you’ll be sent a $20 Z Gift Card as you become eligible for 10L of fuel. For now, we’ve calculated fuel litres to be $2.00 each (including GST). The Z Gift Cards will be posted to the address you used to register your account (unless you’ve updated us). We hope to be able to gift fuel litres electronically (for example; 2L fuel voucher in an app rather than $ fuel vouchers by snail mail) in the future, we will let you know when we make this change.
- Flick power top up - this is how we do it
At the end of each 12-month period you’re on the EARNIE plan, we’ll give you a one off $50 Flick power top up (including GST) which is added to your account or Volt (if you have one).
- 3 hours of power reward - this is how we do it
Every day we’ll total up the kWh based charges for your electricity usage (this excludes your daily charges) and divide the total by 24 (number of hours in a day) to get the value of one average power hour and we times this by three. For each day we’ll credit your account (or Volt) with an amount equivalent to three average hours of power (kWh charges only). We’ll apply the credit each billing cycle and it will be deducted from your invoice total.
If I move address and want to stay on Flick’s EARNIE plan?
If you move and would like to have the EARNIE plan at your new address, new rates may apply. Your accruing fuel and loyalty rewards (as applicable) from one address (to the extent that you have not met the threshold to receive either your next $20 fuel voucher or 12 month anniversary power top up) will not move with you. When you sign up for EARNIE at your new address, your 12 month fixed generation price promise will restart on the EARNIE rates applicable to a moving customer at your new address at that time, and your power rewards and fuel and loyalty rewards (as applicable) will all start fresh. The rates available to existing customers that move may be different to the rates available to new customers joining Flick.